Popular Midwest Resort Launches Summer with Family Vacation Homes Ready to Host Guests
Private Homes and Villas at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa Offer Ultimate Vacation Destination on 6,800 Acres
By Brian Weis
With Midwest vacation homes booked solid, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Illinois, is ready for summer with nearly 150 villas and homes from one to eight bedrooms, ideal for couples, families or small groups to take in a beautiful change of scenery without getting on a plane or sacrificing safety or open space. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located in Northwest Illinois on more than 6,800 acres in the magnificent Galena Territory, which is a short drive from most Midwest cities including Chicago, Ill, Dubuque, Iowa, and Madison, Wis.
"We're the original 'socially distant' vacation destination thanks to our family vacation homes," said Colin Sanderson, director of sales and marketing. "Guests of Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa have miles of nature to hike, bike, golf, fish, zip line, kayak, canoe, horseback ride, and even take a hot air balloon ride. They can order in pizza or anything from our restaurants, and enjoy the great outdoors without worrying about coming into contact with others."
Homes can be booked directly at www.eagleridge.com and families can bring pets, celebrate family events together, or even spend some mid-week time e-learning and working while being close to nature and all the activities the resort has to offer. In addition to the private homes, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa guests can stay in the Inn, as well as enjoy a wide variety of open-air dining options. The Highlands Restaurant and Lounge 289 are both open seven days a week and feature a cantilevered deck that seats 45. Overlooking the 10th fairway and the 18th green of the premier General golf course, the deck also offers panoramic views of The Galena Territory. Lounge 289 has upper and lower lounge areas with four glass garage doors that can be opened for relaxing and dining al fresco.
Eagle Ridge's summer line - up of family-friendly events includes:
Memorial Day Weekend
* May 28 through May 31 is the unofficial summer launch with special packages for the long getaway weekend, horseback riding, fishing, and boating. Eagle Ridge is extending a Memorial Day Weekend Package, which includes staying Friday and Saturday night and getting Sunday night half off.
* June 18, 19 and 20 are the dates for the annual Great Galena Balloon Race, which takes place on the grounds of Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa. The three-day adventure over Father's Day weekend includes multiple balloon races, balloon rides, live music, wine and beer sampling events, and fun for the whole family.
* The Antique Town Rods Show (July 17) is set on the banks of the Galena River, overlooking beautiful Galena. this car show features some of the most beautiful vehicles. This is a great opportunity for guests to see how cars have changed over the years and to hear their owners stories.
*The Midwest Garlic Fest (Aug 28) takes place in Elizabeth, Il and features vendors, music, local growers and more. The fest is fun for the whole family and a short drive from the resort.
Fourth of July Weekend
* Shenandoah Rodeo. It's "Freedom Reigns" at the annual Pro Rodeo July 3 and 4 with the toughest broncs and wildest bulls. The Shenandoah Riding Center goes out west for two nights featuring bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, calf roping, bull riding, and women's barrel racing. The evening ends with a firework spectacular.
* Eagle Ridge guests also have access to horseback riding with miles of riding trails. The resort's Fourth of July overnight special is stay Friday and Saturday night and get Sunday night half off.
* Labor Day Weekend is the unofficial end of summer and is celebrated with packages and specials.
* Galena Cellars celebrates the end of the grape harvest with the 11th Annual Fall Harvest & Art Festival (Sept 25) featuring family friendly activities including a lively grape stomp and live music by the Fever River String Band.
* Throughout the summer, couples and families can enjoy a number of on-property recreational fun with activities including taking a dip in the pool, horseback riding at the Shenandoah Riding Center, zip lining at Long Hollow Canopy Tours, bird watching, balloon rides, boating and fishing, hiking, biking and much more.
* For a relaxing break, Eagle Ridge's Stonedrift Spa is open and available for guests to enjoy safely, with monthly and daily specials.
All activities, packages, and rooms can be viewed at www.eagleridge.com, or guests can call 800-892-2269 with questions and to make a reservation.
More Information »
Revised: 05/17/2021 - Article Viewed 3,484 Times
- View Course Profile
About: Brian Weis
Brian Weis is the Publisher of GolfTrips.com, a network of golf travel and directory sites including GolfWisconsin.com, GolfMichigan.com, ArizonaGolfer.com, GolfAlabama.com, etc. Professionally, Brian is a member of the Golf Writers Association of America (GWAA), International Network of Golf (ING), Golf Travel Writers of America (GTWA), International Golf Travel Writers Association (IGTWA) and The Society of Hickory Golfers (SoHG). In 2016, Brian won The Shaheen Cup, an award given to a golf travel writer by his peers.
All of his life, Brian has been around the game of golf. As a youngster, Brian competed at all levels in junior and high school golf. Brian had a zero chance for a college golf scholarship, so he worked on the grounds crew at West Bend Country Club to pay for his University of Wisconsin education. In his adult years, his passion for the game collided with his entrepreneurial spirit and in 2004 launched GolfWisconsin.com. In 2007, the idea for a network of local golf directory sites formed and GolfTrips.com was born. Today, the network consists of a site in all 50 states supported by national sites like GolfTrips.com, GolfGuide.com and GolfPackages.com. It is an understatement to say, Brian is passionate about promoting golf and golf travel on a local, regional, national and international level.
On the golf course, Brian is known as a fierce weekend warrior that fluctuates between a 5-9 handicap. With a soft fade, known as "The Weis Slice", and booming 300+ drives, he can blast it out of bounds with the best of them.
Contact Brian Weis:
GolfTrips.com - Publisher and Golf Traveler